These cheddar and wild garlic biscuits are a tasty, seasonal addition to any picnic or lunch this spring. So grab a basket or bag and head to the woods or river banks to forage for wild garlic.
We have adapted this simple recipe from the April addition of Simple Things Magazine using our Cow's Whey Butter and Mature Cheddar. We picked the wild garlic leaves on the Quicke's Estate.
- 100g Quicke's Mature Cheddar ,finely grated
- 100g Quicke’s Slightly Salted Cow's Whey Butter chopped into cubes
- Sprinkle of Cornish Sea Salt
- 40g young wild garlic leaves, finely chopped
- 150g plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- Parchment paper
- Add the flour, salt and butter to a bowl.
- Rub the butter and flour until breadcrumb consistency
- Add the finely grated cheddar.
- Add the finely chopped wild garlic.
- Add the egg yolks and combine.
- Roll up using parchment paper to create a sausage measuring 16cm long
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and remove from parchment, cut into 0.5cm slices and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Once cooked, carefully remove biscuits to wire rack to cool.
MAKES 12 BISCUITS
PREPARATION TIME 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 15 MINUTES