On a few special Friday mornings throughout spring and summer, we open our farm for a limited number of guests to show how we craft our delicious cheese.
Join our guide Holly for a tour of our farm, learn how cheddar is made, explore the 'Cathedral of Cheese' where huge truckles come of age and sample our cheeses, before tucking into a delicious lunch just along the road at The Beer Engine.
"Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Holly and colleagues for a wonderful tour yesterday. My mother and I thoroughly enjoyed the morning and will certainly be recommending it to others." EM July 2023
There's a lot to pack into your visit to Home Farm...
10.00 am Meet in the car park at Quicke's. Welcome talk and hear the intriguing history of the Quicke family.
- 10.15 am Step into our Dairy Viewing Room and learn how our cheesemakers expertly craft each truckle by hand. Please note: Due to scheduling, it is not always possible to see actual cheesemaking.
- Whilst in the Dairy Viewing room there will be a tutored tasting, where you'll enjoy the complexity and diversity of the Quicke's range.
- 11.00 am Whizz around our cheese stores and see how we age our clothbound cheddar, learn about our unique mould garden and the traditional skill of grading cheese.
- 11.30 am Take a guided tour of our farm. Visit the milking parlour and fields- and if you're lucky, you'll meet our world-famous Quicke's cows.
- 12 pm Explore the Quicke's Cheese Shop then make your way down to The Beer Engine for lunch.
- 12:30 pm After all that exploring and adventuring you'll be ready for lunch. The Beer Engine will be serving up a seasonal two-course lunch, featuring Quicke’s cheese.
Tickets £45.00 per person
Book your Cheese Tour here:
We have the ability to put on private tours for groups of over 10 adults with a maximum of 20 adults. The ideal number is 12, as everyone can see everything at the same time. Please get in touch with Holly at email@example.com to discuss your needs as we can tailor them to your requirements. Please note private tours only operate on Monday to Friday during the months of April to September (subject to availability).
HOW TO GET HERE
We are located just outside Exeter, with easy access from the A377 via car or bus. Or you can get the train and stop at the Newton St Cyres station using Great Western rail and enjoy a short walk to the farm.
To be the first to hear about any additional tour dates, sign up to our newsletter below.
Terms and Conditions
1 .We do not provide refunds once you have completed a booking. All bookings are final. However if you are unable to attend the tour you can reassign your booking to another person - please let us know.
2. Transferring to a different tour date/new additional tour date can only be made up to 21 days before your original tour date booked and can only be done once. Transferring to a new tour date can only done provided there is space on the new tour you wish to attend. The tour you transfer to must be in the same calendar year. We reserve the right to cancel a tour and should we do you will receive a full refund.
3. We reserve the right to cancel the event at any point. In the event that we have to cancel a tour, we will contact you on the day before the tour to arrange a refund/gift voucher/rearrange to attend another tour (dependant on availability).
CHEESE TOUR VOUCHERS
If you want to gift a cheese tour to a loved one, but not sure what date they are free, why not give a 'Cheese Tour Voucher' this is sent to you to give the recipient and the redeemable by them on their chosen tour date on the Eventbrite page. Buy voucher here.