See the art of making great cheese. With a unique behind the scenes experience day, we'll show you from the ground up how we craft world-class cheese.
Home Farm Experience
There's a lot to pack into a day at Home Farm...
- 9.30am Meet at Home Farm and come to the Meeting Room in plenty of time for a 10am start. Welcome talk from Stuart Dowle and hear the intriguing history of the Quicke family.
- 10.30am Take a tour of our dairy, watch our cheese makers expertly craft each truckle by hand.
- 11.00am Whizz around our cheese stores and see how we age our clothbound cheddar, learn about our unique mould garden and the traditional skill of grading cheese.
- 11.30am Tuck into a tutored tasting where you'll enjoy the complexity and diversity of the Quicke's range.
- 12pm Take a guided tour of our farm. We'll explain the unique macrobiotics of our soils and grasses, and why looking after our countryside is so important - and if you're lucky, you'll meet our world famous Quicke's cows.
- 1pm Explore the shop then make your way down to The Beer Engine for lunch.
- After all that exploring and adventuring you'll be ready for lunch. The Beer Engine will be serving up a seasonal two-course lunch, featuring Quicke’s cheese.
2019 Tour Dates:
26 April 2019 SOLD OUT
31 May 2019 SOLD OUT
28 June 2019 SOLD OUT
19 July 2019 SOLD OUT
26 July 2019 SOLD OUT
30 August 2019 SOLD OUT
27 September 2019 SOLD OUT
Looking for a unique experience gift? If you're booking for someone else and want to give them the flexibility to choose the date they prefer, you can buy a tour gift voucher.