The perfect brunch- An incredibly balanced dish you get the sweetness from the balsamic, the earthiness of the mushrooms with an umami hint with the cheese, finished off with the thyme that dances between the sweet and the savory a match made in heaven.
- 250g chestnut mushrooms roughly sliced
- 1 Ciabatta
- 75g Ewes milk or Vintage
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Teaspoon of Quicke's whey butter
- Willie's Balsamic vinegar
- Warm a griddle pan for the bread
- Cut your ciabatta into thick slices
- Melt the butter in a saucepan add the mushrooms
- Put the ciabatta on the griddle pan to crisp up turning to do both sides.
- Stir into the mushrooms the fresh thyme and cook some more.
- Add x2 dessert spoons of vinegar and stir
- To plate up, put your ciabatta down on a wooden board, pile your mushrooms on top spring with the remaining thyme, and finish off with a generous grating of Quicke's Ewes cheese. Serve immediately.
- This would go very nicely with a glass of heron valley apple juice as a brunch.