Indulge yourself with this incredibly fresh-tasting veggie pizza, topped with a wonderful wild garlic pesto. If we are out of season for wild garlic substitute with a mixture of spinach and basil.
- X 4 Sourdough Pizza Balls
- Plain flour
- Smokey tomato relish.
- Bunch Asparagus Tips
- Sundried Tomatoes
- 100g grated Quicke’s Buttery Clothbound Cheddar
- 100g grated Quicke’s Double Devonshire Clothbound Cheese
Nettle and Wild garlic pesto
- 100-120g wild garlic leaves and stems – cleaned and roughly chopped
- 50g wild nettles – as above
- 50g Quicke’s Vintage Cheddar, grated
- 75g pine nuts, toasted if possible.
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Cornish Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100ml of Rapeseed Oil
Nettle and Wild Garlic Pesto
- Place everything in a blender, blitz, or pound until you have the desired texture.
- Pop the paste into a sterilised jar – or container if you are freezing.
- Take the dough balls out from the freezer. Defrost overnight (at least 12 hours) in a refrigerator covered with a clean cloth or cling wrap to prevent drying out.
- Remove 2 hours prior to use and bring up to room temperature allow to double in size.
- On a floured surface, either hand stretch or roll out using a rolling pin to your required size.
- Place in a pre-oiled pizza pan and thinly spread a dollop of the Smokey tomato relish.
- Sprinkle on the grated Double Devonshire and Buttery cheese
- Add the asparagus spears and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Dollop the Nettle and Wild Garlic Pesto evenly around pizza.
- Bake in the over until the cheese is golden and the base is crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
PREPARATION TIME 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 10 MINUTES