This is a really simple recipe to create something special for a loved one. The perfect edible gift for Valentines day. You can use it with any of our whey butters, for this one I used the goat's whey butter, but it could be the cow's whey butter or even our new mixed milk Lady Prue whey butter. Adding the butter gives the truffle a lovely glossy look and feel to the truffle.
- 300 g good-quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 300 ml double cream
- 50g Quicke’s Whey Butter
- Rose petals
- Cocoa Powder
- Desiccated Coconut
- Nuts- crushed
NUMBER OF SERVINGS – makes 50 Pieces
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces.
- Gently heat the cream and butter together, making sure it doesn’t catch
- Once bubbling, remove from the heat and put the chocolate into bowl to melt.
- Leave to stand for a little bit and then stir to make sure all of the cream and butter mixture is fully combined with the melted chocolate and there are no chocolate bits left.
- If you want to add any flavorings this is where to add now- i.e. a few drops of rose water, orange zest etc
- Cool and chill for 4 hrs
- Make sure your hands are as cool as possible, of you like you can grease them with no flavor oil like sunflower oil to help keep the mixture from sticking. Using a teaspoon amount shape the truffles with your hand rolling them into a ball.
- If coating the truffles, then roll the truffle in this now, We used caster sugar, rose petals and cocoa powder, but you could use nuts etc if you wanted.
- Chill ion a baking tray.
- Store in an air tight container for a week
- If giving as a gift, put in a cardboard box with some tissue paper and tie with string.
PREPARATION TIME 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 5 MINUTES