A lovely light addition to a BBQ feast, or delicious on its own. This is a fun way to enjoy an avocado with a bit of twist. A brilliant combination of creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
- 2 Avocados
- 3 Large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Quarter of a red onion, very finely chopped
- Handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
- 100g Quicke’s Mature Clothbound Cheddar
- Pinch of Cornish Sea Salt
- Prepare the salsa by adding the tomato, red onion, and basil in a bowl with a sprinkling of Cornish Sea salt and a dash of olive oil, mix and leave to one side.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stones.
- Place flat side down on a hot griddle or BBQ until nicely brow.
- Turnover and add spoonful of the salsa.
- Top the salsa either sliver of the Mature Cheddar over the avocado and close the lid of the BBQ to melt the cheese. Once melted, lift carefully off the BBQ, and serve with a green salad.
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES