The perfect BBQ veggie accompaniment or great as part of a BBQ tapas dishes. The charred crunchy green beans are light and refreshing while the cheesy crumb adds a touch of indulgence.
- 220g Green beans, trimmed on both ends
- Olive Oil
- Cornish Sea Salt
- Lemon, cut in half
- Bamboo skewers- soaked in water ready
- 65g breadcrumbs
- Fresh flat leaf parsley
- Tablespoon of Quicke’s whey butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 30g Extra Mature Cheddar, finely grated
For the Crumb:
- Prepare the crumb by combining all ingredients apart from the cheese in a small bowl, spread out on a small, lined baking tray and bake at 180 for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Leave to cool, once cool, add the finely grated Extra Mature Cheddar.
For the Green Beans:
- Carefully thread the green beans onto the with bamboo skewers.
- Place the halved lemons down on the heated BBQ.
- Place the skewers on the hot griddle or BBQ until just starting to brown on one side and then turn and repeat.
- Once cooked take from the BBQ and squeeze the charred lemon over the beans and sprinkle the cheesy crumb and serve immediately.
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES