October is the perfect time of the year to enjoy seasonal apples with salty, savoury cheddar. Our Apple Pizza made with Mature Cheddar is a real mix of umami and sweet flavours. Enjoy with a mulled cider and friends.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS 2
- X2 Pizza dough balls
- 2 large Apples peeled and sliced thinly- squeeze a little built of lemon on to stop going brown while preparing the pizza base.
- 65 g of grated Quicke’s Mature Cheddar,
- 25g cup packed brown sugar.
- 30g cup chopped walnuts.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Quicke’s Whey butter cut into little pieces.
- Take the dough balls out from the freezer. Defrost overnight (at least 12 hours) in a refrigerator covered with a clean cloth or cling wrap to prevent drying out.
- Remove 2 hours prior to use and bring up to room temperature allow to double in size.
- On a floured surface, either hand stretch or roll out using a rolling pin to your required size.
- Place in a pre-oiled pizza pan
- In a bowl mix the cinnamon, chopped walnuts and nutmeg.
- Arrange the think apple slices in a circular pattern on the base of the pizza.
- Spread grated Mature cheddar evenly across apple.
- Sprinkle over the nuts and spice mix along with the little pieces of butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes until apples are soft and tender and the base is crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
PREPARATION TIME 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 20 MINUTES