From Double Devonshire Cheese Burgers to a refreshing Watermelon and Goat's Cheese Salad, Patrick has your summer alfresco eating covered!
Patrick is our UK Account Manager and is a culinary extraordinaire having previously worked as a chef.
- 500g quality beef mince
- 1 small finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 1 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 egg
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Season with salt and pepper
- 150g Double Devonshire grated
- 150g Vintage sliced for melting
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except for the cheese and mix through till thoroughly combined.
- Shape burgers to the size you require and then make a well in the middle
- Place the grated Double Devonshire in the middle of the well and fold burgers over to encase the cheese.
- Grill over coals and cook to your liking, once you flip the burger over place the slice Vintage on top to melt whilst finishing it off.
- Rest burgers for 5 minutes before assembling your burger.
- 50g cornichons
- 30g shallots
- 25g capers
- 30g Dijon mustard
- ½ an anchovy
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of paprika
- 180g ketchup
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.Celeriac Remoulade
- Half a celeriac thinly sliced
- 30g cornichons finely chopped
- 20g capers finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- Small bunch of finely chopped chives
- Coat with mayonnaise
- Season with salt and pepper
- Finely chopped and slice then combine all ingredients in a bowl serve with charcuterie
Mint and chilli dressing
- ½ bunch fresh chopped mint
- 2 chillies finely chopped (any kind) take the seeds out if you like it not so hot
- ½ cup sugar
- 2/3cup water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Boil the sugar, water and chillies to make a thin syrup.
- Add the mint and fish sauce and leave to cool and infuse in the fridge
- Once cool drizzle over salad
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 cloves roasted garlic minced
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 400ml veg oil
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 lemon juiced.
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a mixing bowl add yolks, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon and salt and pepper
- Mix together ingredients till combined well then start adding the oils very slowly till they start to emulsify
- Once all combined add a little water if needed if its to thick and check the seasoning.
- ½ a watermelon diced
- 100g Quicke’s Goats Cheese crumbled
- A few spring of mint and oregano
- A hand full of mix olives
- 1 red onion finely sliced
Decorate on a board or plate and dress with the chilli mint dressing
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 4 cobs of corn blanched with skin on (pre cooked in boiling water)
- Quicke’s Oak smoked cheddar
- Pull back husks and char gill on BBQ
- Once charred to your liking brush with aioli, and sprinkle paprika and grated oak smoked cheddar to serve.
Grilled baby gems
- 4 baby gems halved
- Aioli to dress
- Small handful Hazelnuts roasted and crushed
- Finely grated Quicke’s mature cheddar
- Chargrill gems over coals till tender
- Drizzle with aioli and sprinkle over nuts and cheddar to serve
Spinazza Summer Cider Cocktail
- 1 bottle Sandford orchards Devon mist
- 2 halved char gilled doughnut peaches
- 2 shots of spiced rum
- 1 shots gin
- 1 shot of Frangelico
- 1 cinnamon stick charred
- 6 springs of thyme
- Juice of a lime
- Jug full of ice
- Char peaches and cinnamon over hot coals on the BBQ till peaches a soft but much charcoal and till cinnamon becomes fragrant
- In a jug place some ice and 1 peach and smash up (muddle)
- Add the liquor, thyme, lime and more ice and stir well
- Slice the peaches and add to the mix along with lime juice and cinnamon and stir well.
- Share and get Merry.