Please pre-order the cake at least 2 weeks in advance of your event.
Please note: Thursday 21st December 2023 is is the last delivery date before Christmas. Celebration Cheese Cakes will be available again in the New Year for delivery from Tuesday 9th January 2024.
Named after one of the fields that our dairy cows graze here on the Quicke's Estate, the Bicton Down Celebration Cake is perfectly formed! It is made up of 4 magnificent tiers of the finest handmade cheeses.
Serves up to 50 people.
Top Tier: Eve 140g | White Lake Dairy, Somerset | Goat's Milk | Thermised | (V)
Second Tier: Baby Baron Bigod 250g | Fen Farm Dairy, Suffolk | Cow's Milk | Pasteurised
First Tier: Mature Cheddar 1.8kg | Quicke's Cheese, Devon | Cow's Milk | Pasteurised
Base Tier: Colston Bassett Stilton 2kg | Colston Bassett Dairy, Nottinghamshire | Cows's Milk | Pasteurised
Important cake information:
- Please pre-order your cake order at least two weeks before your event (you can even select a date 12 months into the future at the checkout!).
- If your event is less than two weeks away please get in touch with us to see if we can fulfil the order. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01392 851000.
- Please select a delivery date at least 2 days before the event (we deliver Tuesday-Thursday to UK mainland postcodes). We can deliver the cake straight to your venue.
- Please put in the notes section at the checkout, what date your event is.
- Your order will be sent via DHL on a pre-12pm delivery £10 or pre-10.30 am delivery £14). Shipping costs are added at checkout.
- If you would like to change any of the cheeses in the cake, please get in touch.
- Decorations and cake board in the photos are not included.
- Click here to read our Cheese Cake FAQs.
More information about the cheeses that make up each tier:
Top Tier: EVE Handmade in Somerset by White Lake who makes the most incredible soft cheeses. Eve is a unique soft Goat's Cheese, made using 100% goats milk, this soft cheese is washed in Somerset cider brandy, adding a wonderful depth of flavour. The cheese is then wrapped in a vine leaf and matured. The perfect tier to a wedding cake, adding a bit of colour from the leaves and creating a wonderful nutty finish.
Second Tier: BABY BARON BIGOD - Handmade in small batches using a Brie de Meaux recipe, this soft cow's milk cheese is something truly special. It is made by Fen Farm Dairy in Suffolk using the milk from their own herd of free-ranging Montbeliarde cows. The white rind is nutty and mushroomy and the interior is beautifully smooth and silky with a fresh and citrusy centre.
First Tier: QUICKE'S MATURE CHEDDAR - Handmade by Quicke's Cheese in Devon using the milk from their own herd of cows. This outstanding clothbound cheddar has been naturally matured for at least 6 months to create a creamy and buttery cheese with hints of caramel
Base Tier: COLSTON BASSETT STILTON - Colston Bassett Dairy in Nottinghamshire make an absolutely delicious blue stilton using cow's milk that comes from local farms within 1.5 miles of the dairy. The cheese has a beautiful mellow flavour and is creamy yet tangy without being too acidic. .
Total weight: 4.19kg
Diameter of base: 21cm
Total height of the cheeses: 20cm
What our customers say:
"We ordered a Bicton Down Celebration Cake for a 40th Wedding Anniversary & 60th birthday party and it was brilliant. Arrived as promised. Well wrapped up. Tasted excellent and we have frozen the cheddar and stilton that remained. It came with clear instructions and having done plenty of research the Quickes cheeses were the best price for what you cyually received. They even gave us a courtesy call the afternoon it was due to arrive, to check all ok. We would definitely recommend and use again. Thanks to all at Quickes." S.Rodgers, 2023