Quicke's Cheese Tour Friday 26th April 2024
2 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Tickets cost £45. One ticket per person.
Join us for a two hour tour of our farm, learn how cheddar is made, explore the 'Cathedral of Cheese' where huge truckles come of age and sample our cheeses, before tucking into a delicious lunch just along the road at The Beer Engine.
If you have any dietary requirements, please can you mention these in the notes section at the checkout. We will contact you with full event information nearer to the event date.
10.00 am Meet in the car park at Quicke's. Welcome talk and hear the intriguing history of the Quicke family.
- 10.15 am Step into our Dairy Viewing Room and learn how our cheesemakers expertly craft each truckle by hand. Please note: Due to scheduling, it is not always possible to see actual cheesemaking.
- Whilst in the Dairy Viewing room there will be a tutored tasting, where you'll enjoy the complexity and diversity of the Quicke's range.
- 11.00 am Whizz around our cheese stores and see how we age our clothbound cheddar, learn about our unique mould garden and the traditional skill of grading cheese.
- 11.30 am Take a guided tour of our farm. Visit the milking parlour and fields- and if you're lucky, you'll meet our world-famous Quicke's cows.
- 12 pm Explore the Quicke's Cheese Shop then make your way down to The Beer Engine for lunch.
- 12:30 pm After all that exploring and adventuring you'll be ready for lunch. The Beer Engine will be serving up a seasonal two-course lunch, featuring Quicke’s cheese.
Terms & Conditions: One ticket per person. Ticket includes Cheese Tour & Lunch at The Beer Engine. Children over the age of 12 are welcome (with tickets), but please bear in mind that they need to be able to complete the tour. The Cheese tour is a walking tour of the Farm, Cheese stores and Dairy. The route is likely to be muddy and uneven, so please wear appropriate footwear such as trainers or walking boots. The tour is roughly 2 hours long. We regret the tour route is not suitable for wheelchairs, mobility scooters, or similar mobility aids. Unfortunately, dogs are not invited on the tour.
- We do not provide refunds once you have completed a booking. All bookings are final. If member(s) of the booked group decide to cancel their attendance, you can reassign their places to other people – please let us know in advance of the tour. We do not provide refunds to individual members of the tour party for non-attendance.
- Changes to the tour date can only be made up to 7 days before your original tour date and can only be done once. Due to the high demand for tours, we cannot guarantee a new date in the same month as the original date. The tour must be in the same calendar year.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event at any point, in which case refunds will be given.