A taste of summer, this tartlet if full of Italian flavours which go so well with the vibrant flavour of Quicke's Goat's Milk Cheese. Perfect for a light and tasty lunch. Take a bite, close your eyes and imagine you're in sunny Tuscany...
- 250g shortcrust pastry
- 4 or 5 tomatoes
- Olive oil
- A spring of fresh rosemary
- A handful of Quicke's Goat's Milk Cheese
- 1 tsp pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 or 6 depending on their size. Mix them with some olive oil, salt and pepper and a sprig of rosemary. Roast at 180 C for about 30 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Roll the pastry out and cut into rounds to fit 15 cm tart cases. Place into 2 greased tart cases. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and cook for about 15 minutes at about 180 C.
- Remove the greaseproof paper and baking beans to allow the pastry to dry out little.
- Once the pastry is dry, spread a little pesto on the inside of each base and line with slices of goats cheese. Place 3 or 4 segments of tomatoes covering all the cheese.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes at 180 C until the tomatoes begin to brown. Leave to rest for about 5 minutes, then serve with some salad leaves.