Let's face it, sprouts get a bad rep at Christmas. But we think we have the answer, and you've guessed it... it's cheese. Our Devonshire Red Clothbound Cheese is fresh, lemony, and gloriously crumbly. Its intense amber colour will bring a pop of colour to your dinner table, and you'll never look at sprouts the same way again.
- About 1kg Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- A couple of handfuls of grated Quicke's Devonshire Red
- A sprinkling of chopped pecans
- 2tbs Olive oil
1. Tip your sprouts into a big dish, drizzle with oil and roast them for about 20 minutes at 220°C. They'll start to lightly caramelise at the edges.
2. Once they're cooked through cover with with a couple of generous handfuls of grated Devonshire Red, then sprinkle your chopped pecans over the top with a bit of salt and pepper to season.
3. Roast again for about 10 minutes until the cheese is gooey and melted and the pecans are lightly toasted. Pour yourself a glass of rioja and enjoy!