Grilled corn on the cob
Corn on the cob is a delicious side dish to have at any barbecue- especially when it has been covered in our sensuously smoky Oak Smoked Cheddar.
Ingredients4 cobs of corn blanched with skin on (pre cooked in boiling water)
Quicke’s Oak Smoked Cheddar
- Pull back husks and char gill on BBQ
- Once charred to your liking brush with aioli, and sprinkle paprika and grated oak smoked cheddar to serve
Grilled Baby Gems
If you've never tried grilling Baby Gem Lettuces then you're in for a treat – the edges have a lovely charred, smoky flavour, while the insides remain crisp and fresh.
- 4 baby gems halved
- Aioli to dress
- Small handful Hazelnuts roasted and crushed
- Finely grated Quicke’s Mature Cheddar
- Char grill gems over coals till tender
- Drizzle with aioli and sprinkle over nuts and cheddar to serve
Aioli is a lovely fragrant type of mayonnaise that goes perfectly with vegetables, fish and meat.
6 egg yolks
1 ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
5 cloves roasted garlic minced
1 clove fresh garlic minced
400ml veg oil
150ml extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
1 lemon juiced.
Salt and pepper to season
- In a mixing bowl add yolks, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon and salt and pepper
- Mix together ingredients till combined well then start adding the oils very slowly till they start to emulsify
- Once all combined add a little water if needed if its too thick and check the seasoning.