Give your guests the impressive gift of fig jewels baked with goat's cheese and honey this Christmas. You can serve them whole if serving with plates, or you can slice them into quarters to make more a manageable bite-sized canape.
- 4 fresh figs
- Quicke’s Goat's Milk Clothbound Cheese
- Thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 180c
- Cut the tops off of the figs and then score a cross into the top of them, pulling the sides out to make a 4 pointed star
- Place the figs on an ovenproof dish and add the crumbled goat's cheese in the centre of each fig
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the figs are juicy and the goat's cheese has melted
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with honey, scatter with thyme leaves and serve
If you're making these canapes ahead of time, we recommend pre-roasting the figs with the goat's cheese for 10 minutes and finishing them off before serving for a further 10 minutes.