This pizza is a great pizza to make with leftover Halloween pumpkins to enjoy around the bonfire with friends. We love the autumnal colours and textures and it is a great combination of savoury, sweet and salty all in one.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS 2
- X 2 Pizza dough balls
- 65g of Pumpkin or Butternut Squash cut into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 65g of grated Quicke’s Mature Cheddar
- 65g of grated Quicke’s Double Devon Cheese
- ½ red onion finely sliced.
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 65g of good quality sausage
- 1 tsp of Honey
- Take the dough balls out from the freezer. Defrost overnight (at least 12 hours) in a refrigerator covered with a clean cloth or cling wrap to prevent drying out.
- Remove 2 hours prior to use and bring up to room temperature allow to double in size.
- On a floured surface, either hand stretch or roll out using a rolling pin to your required size.
- Place in a pre-oiled pizza pan
- Prepare the toppings
- Mix the cubes of pumpkin with oil a little bit of sage and minced garlic. And roast in the oven until soft and lightly golden.
- Gently caramelise the onions in pan and then set a side.
- Using the sausage squeeze out the sausage meat, into small balls and cook a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Once cooked set aside.
- Assemble the toppings on top of the pizza dough and bake for 10 minutes until the base is crisp and the toppings golden.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
COOKING TIME 25 MINUTES