Enjoy a taste of Spring with this nettle and wild garlic pizza.
- 80g of nettle leaves- stalks removed- use gloves for this as you will get stung!
- Small bunch of wild garlic
- 45g Quicke’s Lady Prue cheese, thin slivers
- 60ml double cream
- X 4 Sourdough Pizza Balls
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix the cream and wild garlic and nettles in a saucepan until softened
- Take the dough balls out from the freezer. Defrost overnight (at least 12hours) in a refrigerator covered with a clean cloth or cling wrap to prevent drying out.
- Remove 2 hours prior to use and bring up to room temperature allow to double in size.
- On a floured surface, either hand stretch or roll out using a rolling pin to your required size.
- Place in a pre-oiled pizza pan and spread the nettle mixture onto the base of the stretch pizza along with slivers of the cheese and a handful of fresh nettles evenly across the base and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle finely grated Lady Prue and serve.
PREPARATION TIME 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 10 MINUTES